Wessex Internet are implementing a network change freeze from Wednesday 20th December 2017 at 13:00 until Thursday 4th January 2018 at 09:00.
The change freeze is implemented every year during the festive period to minimise risks to the network at this important time of the year.
During this freeze, no non-standard installations, no changes to the core network, nor any non-critical maintenance or infrastructure changes will take place.
Our office hours will also be as follows during the Christmas & New Year period:
- Friday 22nd December from 1pm: Closed.
- Saturday 23rd December: Closed.
- Sunday 24th December: Closed.
- Monday 25th December: Closed.
- Tuesday 26th December: Closed.
- Wednesday 27th December: Open - Lightly staffed.
- Thursday 28th December: Open - Lightly staffed.
- Friday 29th December: Open - Lightly staffed.
- Saturday 30th December: Closed.
- Sunday 31st December: Closed.
- Monday 1st January: Closed.
- Tuesday 2nd January: Open and normal service resumes.
The core network will continued to be monitored and supported over the period 24x7.
Business customers with a valid 24x7 support agreement will also be able to log support tickets using their dedicated business 24x7 number and fixed in line with their service levels.
- Customers are advised to check our Network Status Page in the first instance if they encounter any problems with their connection.
- DO NOT press any reset buttons as this will render your service inoperable and you could be down for many days in case our office is closed.
- Power off and on devices in the first instance.
- Check all cables are connected and another device to rule this out.
- Check out our help centre https://support.wessexinternet.com/hc
for further self-help assistance.
We wish customers a Happy Christmas.